Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Trading in my Sassy High Heels for Soggy Huggies

I absolutely love our little boy, but every morning (and I use 'morning' loosely, because on some days I don't get out of my pj's until like 2:00, if at all) I walk into my closet, I see a long line of sassy, sexy high heels and am reminded of the contrast between my former life and life now.
I went through a 'shoe phase' and I loved heels! Basic black, bright red, hot pink with black little bows, zebra print, giraffe print, snake skin, purple... I could jazz up any outfit! Now, I'm lucky if I manage to put on a pair of house shoes to keep my feet cushioned from running back and forth to the nursery.

It's a beautiful fall day today... In our former life, Richard and I would have taken the top off the Jeep, put on some hoodies, got a hot Starbucks and drove around all afternoon exploring back roads. Today, we're planted on couch and we both feel lucky because each of us got to take a shower and even managed to eat breakfast before lunch time. No more discussions of "What are we going to do today?" we know exactly what we are doing... Feeding, pumping, diapering, swaddling, laundry... every 3 hours. And while it's tough, we wouldn't change it for the world!
With that said, we're trying to enjoy our little MaMo at this stage, but I do look forward to when he's old enough to wear a tiny hoodie, get a small hot chocolate from Starbucks and we can have family time in the Jeep.

4 comments:

  1. Awe...yes how "new life" changes us ;) I have TONS of very lonely clothes and shoes in my closet that I haven't worn in 5 years! Not to say you won't wear your shoes again, it's just hard to find the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are FANTABULOUS job!!! SO happy for you!!! Someday you will look back on these days.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Julie! I am loving your blog, this post is so precious!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Julie! All so true when you're adjusting to parenthood. It does get easier but it takes awhile. Enjoy the moments of snuggles with your little guy right now...before he gets to the age that he squirms out of your embrace. :)

    ReplyDelete