Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A.N.X.I.E.T.Y.

So, last night I am laying in bed... One minute I am simply enjoying feeling little Baby Moss moving around and am daydreaming about what he's going to look like, what traits he'll get from me and his dad, dreaming about all the cute thing he'll say and do... Then, all of a sudden, it hits me: I have never owned a dog!

Dogs seem like a lot of work: waking up early to let them out, potty training, giving baths, obedience training... Come to think of it, those are all the things they baby books talk about. Yes, I've had cats, but they are easy (and honestly, my husband takes care of most of the cat chores). You don't have to potty train or bathe cats. Cats can pretty much fend for themselves, and I think they probably actually prefer when you are away. Babies need you 24/7... for everything! I'm sure I will manage, and will for sure give it my all, but talk about ANXIETY!

To Baby Moss: I can't wait to meet you! I realize that you are a gift from God and He will never give me more than I can handle. I realize I am not alone in this adventure. And, I am oddly comforted by the fact that they make leashes and 'kennels' (pack and plays) for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment