Friday, November 5, 2010

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom

I remember being a kid and watching a lot of tv shows that portrayed the stay-at-home mom. You know the ones where the wife greets her husband wearing a dress, has a 5 course dinner on the table and does the vacuuming in high heels. Well, it turns out, you can't believe everything you see on t.v. Here are just a few confessions I have during my short stint of being a stay-at-home mom.

1. On most days, my idea of 'getting dressed' is putting on a new pair of pajama's right before Richard gets home from work. If I'm really getting dressed up, they will match.
2. Some days I don't get around to brushing my teeth until lunch time.
3. I've been known to heat up some frozen burritos and throw some fresh lettuce and tomato on top and act like I actually cooked.
4. There have been a few times where I have to choose between a shower and sitting down to eat lunch... I usually choose lunch.
5. My husband doesn't really have to ask how my day was... I'm sure he can tell by either 1. my pajamas and 2. by checking the chocolate chip bag in the freezer.
6. On one day, I asked myself if it was 'legal' to pour rum in my diet coke when I was the only one home with the baby. You will be glad to know, I refrained (but only because it was 10 in the morning!).

PS ~ I'm still wondering how that Brady family could afford a full time house keeper with 6 kids!

With that said, I am so appreciative that I have the opportunity to stay home with our sweet boy (and in my pajamas) to witness all those sweet smiles!

2 comments: