Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blessings and Birthdays

This past weekend, we celebrated my grandmother's 98th birthday. If you knew my grandma, you would know what an extremely special lady she is. She laughs every day (even more after her nightly glass of wine) and her attitude that each day is a gift is something to be admired. 98 years old... I can't even imagine all in life that she has experienced! God is good to have blessed our family with her! Love you Grandma 'Note!

And, tomorrow is my birthday... My husband has booked me an hour long massage and I CANNOT WAIT! At this point in my pregnancy (only 3 more weeks to go!) I feel like a massage may be more of a necessity than a luxury. It's funny, birtdays used to seem like such a big deal, but when you are actually preparing to give birth, then the only thing that seems to matter is your child's birthday (hmmmm, wonder when that will actually be). Can't wait to meet our little man!

More blessings... too many to count or list, but here are a few of my recent favorites:
1. Thankful for family! And, especially thankful for sisters and mom's!
2. Blessed to have a FABULOUS husband... Not just fabulous because he booked me a massage, but fabulous for lots of other reasons too (althought the massage definitely won't hurt).
3. Thankful for modern medicine. Have I mentioned I am scared for childbirth? I keep telling myself that people used to squat in the woods to have babies, so surely I can do the whole birthing thing in a hopsital with an epidural, right?
4. Big Brother... I know it probably kills brain cells after I watch an episode of it, but I'm hooked. It's my guilty pleasure... and being 8 1/2 months pregnant, I can indulge in as many guilty pleasures as I want (minus the cold beer and hotwings).

No comments:

Post a Comment